But this TOPIC HAS TO reach the public consciousness.
- Using coal for electricity production has no future, from economic as well as from environmental standpoint. Most importantly, it preconditions unacceptably high price, measured in human health and human lives.
- Thermal power plants profit at the expense of people’s health
- Despite most TPP having some kind of filters for catching sulphur and nitrogen dioxide, air pollution from Bulgarian power plants for 2012 is responsible for:
- over 2000 premature deaths. This is four times the number of deaths in road accidents in Bulgaria for the same year;
- approximately two thousand people are off work on sick leave daily;
- 2.6 thousand children and over three thousand adults suffer from respiratory problems daily.
THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES!
Organisers: For the Earth and Greenpeace Bulgaria